sábado, 3 de setembro de 2011

A transparência é que é a objectividade

«American journalists have almost a lust for the View from Nowhere because they think it has more authority than any other possible stance [...]. In journalism, real authority starts with reporting. Knowing your stuff, mastering your beat, being right on the facts, digging under the surface of things, calling around to find out what happened, verifying what you heard. “I’m there, you’re not, let me tell you about it.” Illuminating a murky situation because you understand it better than almost anyone. Doing the work! Having a track record, a reputation for reliability is part of it, too. But that comes from doing the work. [...] In the newer way, the logic is different: “Look, I’m not going to pretend that I have no view. Instead, I am going to level with you about where I’m coming from on this. So factor that in when you evaluate my report. Because I’ve done the work and this is what I’ve concluded…”»
Jay Rosen, aqui